Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First Game Review: Halo 4!

So I had this game since launch day and decided to make a Blog and write a review on all the latest games. So first off I'd like to review one of my favorite game series Halo!

So with Halo 4 expanding onto the amazing story Bungie gave us 343 Industries really had to step up to the plate with this game. I would like to say that they did an outstanding job, they really did, but its not perfect. Lets start shall we?

The length of the campaign... I feel that 343 didn't put as much time and effort into the campaign as they did Spartan Ops or the Multiplayer. The campaign was very short and basically consisted of doing the same thing over and over again... but at different locations. The story was epic, don't get me wrong, but the things you did while actually playing the game just got repetitive. I ended up beating the campaign on Legendary in five hours. This game wasn't very long at all.

Although the campaign was short the graphics definitely makes up for it. The graphics in this game are outstanding! 343 really did a nice job with their textures and keeping the Halo theme alive. It wasn't as dull as Bungie's Halo Reach and it wasn't all that bright... so basically it was perfect!

Next I'd like to talk about the storyline... although the game didn't follow any of the books it was still interesting and ended up being a really good game. They had multiple paths to take on making this game and it ended up working out. The game actually played out really well and the ending is just phenomenal! I don't want to spoil anything about the campaign at all so I'm just going to stop there but if you're any kind of Halo fan the game is a must have because of the storyline... it may not be that long but it was still a ton of fun!

Now lets talk about the multiplayer! The multiplayer for this game is just epic! The maps were made specifically for multiplayer so they're are well balanced; same with the weapons. The weapons on this game are super balanced. If you're good with the BR or DMR it doesn't matter. You can always win a gun battle if you know how to use the weapon properly. And another key feature of the multiplayer is COMMUNICATION! If you don't have a team then you're not playing Halo right. :P

Also the multiplayer has a pretty easy ranking system. Its basically the same ranking system as the one in Reach except its not Credits that level you up its Experience. After each rank up you unlock something and usually get Spartan Points to unlock weapons, armor abilities, packages, etc. But don't worry you don't unlock Armor that way! You can unlock armor by mastering commendation, leveling up, and by beating the campaign on Legendary! So you don't have to save up anymore for that nice armor. You actually have to earn it.

Next I'd like to talk about Spartan Ops... although its not Firefight its still pretty cool. The first few chapters kind of repeated itself with the same locations each time but the story is still pretty interesting. Spartan Ops is definitely exciting but, in my opinion, not as good as Firefight.

Finally I'd like to talk about the audio. And let me tell you the audio in this game is outstanding! The guns sound so violent and amazing and with a good headset you can literally hear everything and pinpoint your enemies exact location. If they're shooting or moving you can get them. Its pretty sick.

Overall rating: 9.5/10! Almost perfect. :/

But yeah that's my review on Halo 4. I will do more later and let you know what I think about the games. Always check here and make sure you contact me if you want a game reviewed before you buy it. I have most games and get the newest games!

Follow me on Twitter Here!

Also if you want to message me my email is: SethParmersan@gmail.com

My Xbox Live gamertag is: Parmersan

No comments:

Post a Comment